Since 2002, CASE has been a leader in the field of social entrepreneurship, serving as a hub for research, teaching and practitioner engagement.
We pride ourselves on not just being an academic center or teaching institution, but also connecting theory to practice, ensuring that our work is informed by and resonates with practitioners in the field. Making this connection requires that we partner with those in the field that are working day to day to move the needle on tough social problems.
To this end, I am proud to announce the relaunch of the CASE Advisory Council. The Council is a group of top tier leaders in social entrepreneurship that are uniquely positioned – in social entrepreneurship, business, and philanthropy – to identify the key trends that will drive the field forward, provide thought leadership, and advise CASE on strategy and future direction.
The CASE Advisory Council includes:
- Maya Ajmera: President & Chief Executive Officer, Society for Science & the Public (SSP)
- Beth Battle Anderson: Executive Director, The Hill Center
- Laura Callanan: Founding Partner, Upstart Co-Lab
- Joel Fleishman: Professor of Law & Public Policy, Duke University
- Jacob Harold: President & Chief Executive Officer, GuideStar
- Ben Hecht: President & Chief Executive Officer, Living Cities
- Bart Houlahan: Co-Founder, B Lab
- Carla Javits: President & Chief Executive Officer, REDF
- Leigh Morgan: Chief Operating Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Jonathan Reckford: Chief Executive Officer, Habitat for Humanity International
- Paul Sansone: Chief Financial Officer, Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Edward Skloot: Nonprofit & Philanthropic Consultant; former President, Surdna Foundation
- Kevin Trapani: President & Chief Executive Officer, The Redwoods Group
- Thomas Van Dyck: Senior Vice President – Financial Advisor, SRI Wealth Management Group, RBC Wealth Management
- Diana Wells: President, Ashoka
For more information on the Advisory Council members, visit: https://centers.fuqua.duke.edu/case/about/advisory-council/
Over the past years, we have worked hard to build the best CASE team: our incredible staff and faculty, a top tier Impact Investing Council to guide our work on the CASE Initiative on Impact Investing (CASE i3), and now a world-class CASE Advisory Council to guide our broader strategic efforts and connection to the field.
With this team in place, we will continue to propel CASE in to the future, serving as a leading center on social entrepreneurship, helping the field reach scale, and prepare leaders and organizations to truly change the world.