At CASE we believe that social impact leaders need particular mindsets, skills, and habits in order to solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
Experiential education is a critical way that our MBA students gain, test, and refine those competencies. Since 2008, more than 600 students have worked on social impact consulting projects around the world with ventures in a variety of fields through the Fuqua Client Consulting Practicum (FCCP) and CASE i3 Consulting Practicum (i3CP).
This year, 59 Daytime MBA students will be working with eleven social ventures around the world. From marketing strategy to financial analysis, projects with these clients will allow students to build and expand the skills critical to the social impact environment, while also providing client ventures with the added capacity needed to tackle a strategic business challenge.
Clients for this year’s practicums are listed below.
2017-18 FCCP & i3CP Client Organizations
- Avencion Group – Based in Zambia, Avencion Group leverages human capacity development, technology, private sector partnerships, and youth & learning, to bring integrated, high-impact solutions and provide efficient project delivery for international development clients throughout Africa.
- Calvert Impact Capital – Calvert Impact Capital enables people to invest for social good. Since 1995, more than 15,000 Calvert Investors have invested more than $1 Billion in their portfolio partners. Calvert Impact Capital is also a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), providing development financing and service to underserved U.S. communities.
- Camelback Ventures – Camelback Ventures aims to address the inequities of entrepreneurship by providing coaching, capital, and connections to underrepresented entrepreneurs. Camelback works with social impact innovators through their fellowship program to create great schools and prosperous, livable communities for all families.
- Caribu – Caribu is an EdTech platform that helps parents, extended family and mentors read and draw with children when they’re not in the same location. Think FaceTime meets Kindle for kids!
- Enclude – Enclude is an advisory firm dedicated to building more sustainable businesses and institutions by offering the integrated capacity and capital solutions that power economic growth, enterprise profitability, and social transformation.
- Good Market – Based in Sri Lanka, Good Market operates a self-financing social enterprise that weaves together socially responsible vendors, partners, and supporters. Specializing in curationand connection, Good Market makes it easier to find and connect with people that are creating a better world.
- Impact Investors Council – Impact Investors Council is the leading national industry body to strengthen impact investing in India. The Council’s mission is to encourage private capital to bridge the social investment gap in India in sectors such as financial inclusion, clean energy, education, water & sanitation, and healthcare.
- Shell Foundation – Shell Foundation is a UK-registered charity establish by the Shell Group in 2000 that creates and scales new enterprises and institutions working on access to energy and sustainable mobility. To date, the foundation’s enterprise portfolio has leveraged more than US$6.3 billion and improved the livelihoods of 109 million people.
- Teachers2Teachers – Teachers2Teachers works to revolutionize teacher support and professional development, creating engaged educators and students worldwide. The organization provides a global platform for teachers to connect, learn from one another, and build relationships.
- Tideline – Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions.
- Quantified Ventures – Quantified Ventures is a for-profit impact investing firm that helps clients finance specific and measurable environmental, health, and educational outcomes.
Additionally the following two organizations will be working with teams of Fuqua’s executive MBA students:
- Miraclefeet – Miraclefeet’s vision is to eradicate untreated clubfoot as a source of disability and poverty on a global scale. 1 in 750 babies worldwide are born with clubfoot. Untreated clubfoot is one of the major causes of physical disability in the world – and yet it is fully and easily treatable at a cost of $250 per case through the non-surgical Ponseti Method.
- RTI International – RTI’s mission is to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. As an independent, nonprofit institute, RTI provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide.
If your organization is interested in applying to be a future practicum client, visit our websites to learn more about the FCCP and i3CP client process.