By J. Gregory Dees
Because China is a society in transition, it is well positioned to create a strong environment for social entrepreneurship. This will help China cross the bridge from rising prosperity towards more inclusive growth and greater harmony. The same drive, skills, and capabilities developed in the rapid economic expansion of the past three decades can now be turned toward the challenges of improving society.
• The Need for Societies to be Adaptive
• What Is Social Entrepreneurship?
• Examples Are Wide Ranging
• How Social Entrepreneurs Help Society
• The Need for a Supportive Environment
• The Golden Opportunity for China
Based on a speech delivered by J. Gregory Dees on December 3, 2010 at the 10th Anniversary Celebration of 21st Century News Group in Beijing