About the Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact
The Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact (F. M. Kirby Impact Prize) is an annual global prize of $100,000 USD in unrestricted funds that amplifies and accelerates the work of enterprises working to scale their impact on social or environmental problems around the world.
The F. M. Kirby Impact Prize is open to all impact enterprises, working anywhere in the world, that meet the following criteria:
- Any nonprofit or for-profit social enterprise working anywhere in the world
- Enterprise has strong evidence of impact over at least 3 years and has a plan for how to use the prize to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years
- The enterprise has a robust non-discrimination policy that protects against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, and disability*
- Has exemplary leadership that aligns with the core values of Fred Morgan Kirby, including integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, meaningful collaboration and diversity
How to Apply
- Complete our eligibility questionnaire.
- Create an account to apply. You can view the PDF version of the application here.
- Watch our short video to learn how to articulate your strategy to investors and create a strong application.
- Submit any questions you have about the application process to the CASE team. Review answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Submit your application by September 30, 2020. Note: CASE will review up to the first 1,000 applications.
Please note that this is the award’s pilot year. These dates may be subject to change:
- August 10, 2020 – Application Portal Opens
- September 30, 2020 at 11:59PM EST – Application Deadline; There are no exceptions to this deadline. Note: CASE will review up to the first 1,000 applications.
- October 1, 2020 – October 30, 2020 – Application Review; Selection committee comprised of CASE faculty, staff and selected advisors.
- November 10, 2020 – November 24, 2020 – Semi-finalist virtual interviews
- December 21, 2020 – F. M. Kirby Impact Prize winner notified
- February 24, 2021 – F. M. Kirby Impact Prize winner publicly announced at the Fuqua Sustainable Business & Social Impact Conference
Virtual Information Sessions
Please click on the links below to register for the virtual information sessions. Upon registration, you will receive an email with login information for the webinar.
- Friday, August 14, 2020 12pm EST: The Basics of the Kirby Impact Prize
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:30am EST: How to Talk About Your Scaling Plan
- Friday, September 11, 2020 12pm EST: How to Talk About Your Impact to Date
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 6pm EST: F. M. Kirby and Leadership
*Examples include, but are not limited to: religion, race/ethnicity, immigration status, sex, gender, caste, ability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.