- Rick Larrick (COLE Center Scholar) awarded the 2015 Bank of America Faculty Award. This award is Fuqua’s highest faculty honor and is given for outstanding contributions to the school in terms of teaching, research, leadership, and service.
- Sim Sitkin (COLE Faculty Director) awarded the 2014 Distinguished Scholar Award from the Managerial and Organizational Cognition Division of the Academy of Management. It is an award given annually to one scholar for career research contributions.
- Sim Sitkin awarded the 2012 Academy of Management Review (AMR) Best Paper Award for the paper “The Paradox of Stretch Goals: Pursuit of the seeming impossible in Organizations“. Co-authors are See, K. E., Miller, C. C., Lawless, M., & Carton, A. M. The AMR is the top management theory journal and the most cited journal in the discipline of management and organization science.
- Sim Sitkin elected Fellow of the Academy of Management (AOM), in recognition of his significant contributions to the science and practice of management. The AOM is the leading professional association for scholars dedicated to creating and disseminating knowledge about management and organizations.
- Sim Sitkin elected the 2007 Academy of Management Review (AMR) Best Paper Award for the paper – “Cognitive Underpinnings of Institutional Persistence and Change: A Framing Perspective.” Co-authors are Elizabeth George, Phithviraj Chattopadhyay, and Jeff Barden.
- Ashleigh Rosette, (COLE Center Scholar), received the Excellence in Teaching Award for her offering of the “Negotiation” elective course in the Cross Continent MBA program, Class of 2013, 2014, and 2015; Weekend Executive MBA program Class of 2014. Winners are selected by students.
- Sim Sitkin awarded the Excellence in Teaching Award for the Duke Goethe Program leadership elective. Award was presented at the May 2010 graduation ceremony.