Established in 2003, the COLE Leadership Fellows program engages a select group of Fuqua Second Year Daytime MBA students as stewards of the Fuqua leadership culture, committed to the development of fellow students and future Duke MBA graduates who exemplify the highest qualities of competence and character, who are global leaders characterized by self-awareness, ethical and moral sensitivity, integrity and personal courage.
Each year, 40+ Second Year MBA fellows, are selected through a competitive, rigorous and well-documented vetting process, involving both an application and interview, receive training and apply their leadership skills in serving as peer facilitator and leadership coaches and mentors to all incoming First Year students and their teams. They play a key role in building and representing the leader of consequence culture at Fuqua.
Why are leadership initiatives undertaken by COLE important to the Fuqua community?
COLE Leadership Fellows (CLF) prepare Fuqua students for successful leadership by:
- Inspiring First-Year students in engaging in a transformational graduate experience through creating, owning and being accountable for an intentional personal development journey as leaders of consequence
- Equipping First-Year teams to develop collaborative leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities, and maximizing their capacity to effectively follow and lead in a team context
- Facilitating six development sessions (in CLEAD Teams) designed to enable First-Year students to take ownership of their leader development experience at Fuqua. Topics include how to provide professional feedback, resiliency, and goal setting for SY
- Collaborating with other student organizations and leadership partners to strengthen a leadership-centered culture and curriculum in Fuqua
- Modeling the values, principles and beliefs of a leader of competence, character, courage and consequence guided by a firm ethical/moral compass
In addition to the programming the COLE Fellowship currently leads there are former COLE Fellowship initiatives that now are school-wide and maintained by the student government (Fuqua MBA Association), including Duke BOLD and the Leadership Engagement and Discussion Series (LEADS)
How do I get involved? What is the application process like?
Eligibility: All matriculating first year MBA students can apply to the Fellowship in an effort to become a Fellow during their second academic year
When: Applications are available only once a year and open to all first year students in the Daytime MBA program. Traditionally the application becomes available in December with it due in January.
2021-2022 COLE Leadership Fellows
|Anna Barlowe||Francesco Bertocco||Luke Blackburn|
|Lauryn Bradley||Bre’ Brown||Tori Copelas|
|Andrew Dailey||Rob Edney||Lucas Fordham|
|Erica Gendell||Natalie Gilmore||Spencer Goldberg|
|Glendon Gong||Meera Goswitz||Akash Gulati|
|Emma Hart||Cameron Hawkins||Katherine Kanner|
|Meagan Klebanoff||Elizabeth Ku||Mridang Lodha|
|Kristen Loehle||Anna Menagias||Ryan Montgomery|
|Sean Moore||Sierra Moraven||Cam Moseley|
|James Motsinger||Elizabeth Mullen||Sandra Onwuekwe|
|Carolina Ortega||Kristin Papierski||Matthew Pearson|
|Rebecca Phillips||Nick Recka||Carybeth Reddy|
|Javier Salas||Olivia Sanchez Ocaranza||David Schmidt|
|Liza Smith||Mariana Stanson||Alex Stumps|
|Best Uchehara||Kelli Valdez||Ida Yonas|