On Thursday, Aug. 27, 2015, first-year MBA students and other graduate students at Duke University got an inside look at career options and industry trends in the energy sector. The “Energy Career Intensive” workshop, held at Fuqua School of Business and hosted by the Fuqua Career Management Center (CMC) and MBA Energy Club, attracted about 140 participants.
Speakers from ExxonMobil, ScottMadden, and E4 Carolinas, as well as Duke faculty, gave students an overview of the industry, outlook on the future, and explained why this dynamic industry is a great place for MBAs to consider careers.
The speakers were followed by a panel discussion with Fuqua alumni who are working in different parts of the energy sector, from companies including Siemens, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), Babcock & Wilcox, Enovation Partners, and ScottMadden. Malcom Riley, Sector Director for Energy Careers in Fuqua’s Career Management Center, also shared his insights about recruiting successfully in this field.
- Energy industry offers promise for MBAs: 5 Tips for successful recruiting
- Where are they now? 2015 Fuqua MBA internships in Energy & Environment
- Video: EDGE Chats interview with John Buley discusses trends in energy finance
- Video: Duke University Energy Initiative director discusses energy market trends
- Read more articles on careers