Are you excited to work in a career that combines your MBA skills with a passion for energy, climate, and sustainability? There are few sectors that are more exciting right now.
Duke MBA alumni are working in fields as diverse as solar and wind project development, ESG investing, corporate sustainability, mission-driven business, electric vehicle project management, sustainability consulting, and environmental finance. Check out some of our resources to help you explore career options.
- List of Fuqua MBA internships in Energy & Environment fields
- Example recent careers in Energy & Environment by Fuqua graduates
Research Resources & Career Advice
- Sustainable business job search resources compiled
- Webinar: MBA Careers in Sustainability
- Why energy recruiting will drive you crazy… and why it’s totally worth it
- “Roadmap” of energy sector employers helps students clarify career interests
- Why MBAs should consider social impact and sustainability in their career planning
Career Support at Fuqua
Fuqua and EDGE provide comprehensive support to MBA and joint-degree students interested in pursuing Energy & Environment careers after graduation. Through industry-specific networking events and conferences, on-campus recruiting, peer mentoring, and individual student career coaching, Fuqua career development activities are vertically aligned with companies in the energy and environment sectors. Our career programs are aimed at developing not just short-term internship and employment prospects, but also long-term career success in the industry for our graduates.
Career Management Center
Among its large team of career services professionals serving all students, Fuqua’s Career Management Center has dedicated specialists who provide support focused on Energy & Environment careers. Read more about Carol Rosenfeld, Sector Director for Energy Sector Careers.
In addition to resume reviews, interviewing skills, and other general career programming, Fuqua offers programming specifically tailored for Energy & Environment students–often offered in partnership between the Career Management Center, EDGE, and relevant student clubs like the MBA Energy Club and Net Impact Club. Highlights include:
- Intro to Energy, Climate, & Cleantech workshop
- Lunch-and-learns and Career 101 panels on energy and sustainability careers
- Energy Boot Camp
- Annual Energy Week at Duke, including networking events
- Annual Sustainable Business & Social Impact Conference
- Career treks focused on energy and/or sustainability (locations vary)
At Fuqua, you’ll get a wide range of support for your job search from both the Career Management Center and EDGE. Our staff and faculty have deep networks in the practitioner world through our connections with alumni, EDGE Advisory Board members, EDGE Seminar speakers, and our personal networks across the energy value chain and corporate sustainability realm. We bring these networks to bear to help students develop meaningful relationships with industry decision-makers for project opportunities during the academic year as well as recruiting opportunities. Both EDGE Executive Director Dan Vermeer and EDGE Managing Director Katie Kross work to help connect students with energy and sustainability industry connections.