Katie Kross is a sustainability educator, career expert, and speaker. As Managing Director of the Center for Energy, Development and the Global Environment (EDGE) at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, she designs and directs new education and thought leadership programs, manages operations, and connects MBA students with classes, project opportunities, career support, and other resources to pursue their interests in the energy and sustainability sectors. She helped design and create the Center in 2010 as a hub for Energy & Environment thought leadership at Fuqua, and plays an instrument role in the strategic direction of the Center’s industry- and student-oriented offerings. In particular, she manages the Center’s ClimateCAP initiative, a partnership of 20+ business schools advancing education about the business risks of climate change, and serves as the managing editor of the Center’s innovative MBA EDGE thought leadership platform.
Katie has spent more than 15 years in university and nonprofit administration, including previous roles as executive director of the Center for Sustainable Enterprise at UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School and president of the North Carolina Sustainability Center. She is the author of the book Profession and Purpose: A Resource Guide for MBA Careers in Sustainability, is an active speaker at business schools around the country on energy and sustainable business careers, and has counseled hundreds of students on their individual career paths. She holds a BA from Davidson College and an MBA from UNC.
- MBA Careers in Sustainability – trends and resources
- EDGE Chats interview with Katie Kross
- Sustainability: The Next Wave of Growth
- Career paths in sustainability
- Climate change has (finally) arrived at business school, GreenBiz
- Are entry-level jobs a needle in a haystack?, GreenBiz
- What’s next for sustainability career hiring trends: Q&A with Ellen Weinreb, GreenBiz
- 6 sustainability careers that haven’t occurred to you yet, Triple Pundit
- Want to Make an Impact? 3 Reasons to Consider a ‘Traditional’ Role, Net Impact
- “Triple convergence” of trends shape the future of leadership in the electric utility industry
- Turning a commitment to the environment into a career
- Integrating profession and purpose, #ExceptionalCareers Series, Huffington Post
- 5 traits essential for sustainability leadership, Triple Pundit