As Managing Director of the Center for Energy, Development and the Global Environment (EDGE) at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, Katie Kross manages Center operations, directs programming, and connects MBA students with classes, project opportunities, career support, and other resources to pursue their interests in the energy and sustainability sectors.
Katie has spent more than 10 years in university and nonprofit administration, including previous roles as executive director of the Center for Sustainable Enterprise at UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School and president of the North Carolina Sustainability Center. She has advised on energy and sustainability strategy, business planning, and market research projects for a number of organizations in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors, and is the author of Profession and Purpose: A Resource Guide for MBA Careers in Sustainability (2nd edition, Greenleaf Publishing, 2014). She is an active speaker at business schools around the country on energy and sustainable business careers, and has counseled hundreds of students on their individual career paths.
Ms. Kross has served on the boards of the U.S. Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development and the Triangle, North Carolina professional chapter of Net Impact. She holds a BA from Davidson College and an MBA from UNC.
- EDGE Chats interview with Katie Kross
- Sustainability: The Next Wave of Growth
- Career paths in sustainability
- “Triple convergence” of trends shape the future of leadership in the electric utility industry
- Turning a commitment to the environment into a career
- 6 sustainability careers that haven’t occurred to you yet, Triple Pundit
- Integrating profession and purpose, #ExceptionalCareers Series, Huffington Post
- 5 traits essential for sustainability leadership, Triple Pundit