Blue Devil Weekend: An opportunity to learn more about HSM

Charlotte BuchananFebruary 7-9 marked the first of two Blue Devil Weekends at Fuqua, where we host admitted students for two-and-a-half days to show them what it means to be a part of Team Fuqua. While manning the Health Care Club (HCC) table at the student organizations fair, I had the opportunity to meet some of the Class of 2016 – and was wowed by the diversity of their experiences and interests.  An MD-MBA, a biomedical engineer, and a healthcare consultant were just a few of the people I spoke with, not to mention several industry-switchers.  That’s the great thing about the HSM program – you learn just as much from your peers as you do from your professors.  And you’ll be surprised at how rapidly you pick things up.

I remember meeting HSM students at last year’s BDW; an industry-switcher myself, I was impressed – ok, maybe a little bit intimidated – by the breadth and depth of their knowledge.  Now that things have come full-circle, I can reflect on how much I’ve learned about healthcare over the last seven months (a lot!) and how much I’ve enjoyed being a part of HSM and HCC.  We’re a tight-knit cohort, and though I’m definitely not ready to say goodbye to the second-year class, I’m excited about the next generation of Fuquans!