HSM Student Profile: Bingwen Wang

HSM Student Profile: Bingwen Wang (Class of 2023)

Prior Education: Vrije University of Amsterdam; Dalian Medical University
Hometown: Hong Kong, China
Nationality: Chinese

Why I Chose Fuqua

HSM is one of the most important reasons for me to apply to Duke Fuqua and HSM provides me a lot of exposure to the United States health care knowledge from payers, providers, and patients in the BioTech and MedTech industries

Before Fuqua

I worked as a clinical resident at the acute medicine department and then switched my career to Boston Scientific and AstraZeneca in the post-market and pre-market clinical studies. My specialty is focusing on the cardiovascular drug and medical device development.

Favorite Health Care Experiences at Fuqua

1. HSM Bootcamp: provide me a solid foundation for the United States health care system from diverse angles.

2. HSM Fellows: it is one of the best experiences when studying at the Fuqua. It is a fantastic community to know and learn from people who are passionate about the health care industries

After Fuqua

I am excited to switch my career to investment banking this summer to leverage clinical science with the financial power to empower the health care firms precious, a precious, dear including biotech and medical device companies.

The Health Sector Management (HSM) Track

The Health Sector Management Track is one of the primary reasons I chose to go to Fuqua. This track helps me understand better the American health care system and technology. For example, professors and guest speakers in this track will talk about the latest medical technology, such as gene therapy and digital therapy, which are super helpful for my summer internship recruitment.