HSM Student Profile: Brent Kane

HSM Student Profile: Brent Kane (Class of 2022)

Prior Education: Vanderbilt University
Hometown: Great Neck, NY
Nationality: USA

Why I Chose Fuqua

I chose Fuqua because of HSM, the Academics, college town community, and balanced culture that the school provides. With HSM, I am able to build upon my prior health care consulting experience with deeper knowledge regarding health care and its most pertinent issues. I also wanted a school that balanced aspects of academics, professional development, social, social impact, sports and more, which Fuqua definitely provides. Lastly, I wanted a school in a college town where students from all over the world come together to build lifelong networks and relationships.

Before Fuqua

I worked as a health care consultant at Deloitte in the Strategy & Analytics practice. I worked on projects that spanned Health Plans, Providers, PBMs, and Pharmaceutical organizations, focusing on initiatives such as market growth strategy, competitive differentiation, innovation, patient experience, and more.

Favorite Health Care Experiences at Fuqua

1. HSM Bootcamp: It was such a great introduction to HSM and to Fuqua, as well as an important way to re-acquaint myself to important health care topics that served as the foundation for my HSM experience

2. Health Care Conference: Particularly attending the conference in Fall 2020 was an invaluable experience. In the midst of the COVID pandemic, hearing from industry leaders regarding their perspectives and strategies in response to the pandemic was extremely interesting and helpful. I also enjoyed learning about additional topics during the conferences such as health care innovation and advancing access

3. Social Events: Spending time with the HSM Fellows and with fellow HSM students over lunch and drinks has been a great way to get to know my classmates even more outside the classroom

After Fuqua

I am excited to continue my career at Deloitte Consulting focusing on health care strategy and innovation as a Senior Consultant. I am passionate about finding ways to provide cost-effective and high-quality solutions for patients and the providers who serve them.

The Health Sector Management (HSM) Track

The Health Sector Management Certificate is one of the primary reasons I chose to go to Fuqua. HSM has been an extremely valuable experience for me both in terms of my ability to learn about pertinent areas of health care such as provider and pharmaceutical strategy, but also for the networks and relationships I have built with other students equally passionate about health care. The ability to debate critical topics and learn from each other’s experiences and perspectives has been an invaluable part of my learning experience. I am excited to apply the knowledge I have gained when I re-enter the workforce.