Even in this year of reconfigured schedules, remote work, and cancelled plans, Duke MBAs have found a way to pursue meaningful summer internships with an energy and environment focus.
Summer internships are an important anchor in the MBA experience–an opportunity to apply classroom learning to real business challenges. As the COVID pandemic rewrote the rules for students in 2020, Duke MBAs found ways to adapt their internships or propose new ones with an impressive list of companies.
Here are some of the 2020 summer internships our students are participating in this summer.
- Bennett Bennett, EDF Climate Corps Fellow, Wayfair
- Hunter Bowman, Valuations Intern, Weyerhaueser
- Jordan Buchsbaum, Sustainability Intern, Snowbird
- Katie Davis, Summer Consultant, ScottMadden
- Anna Epstein, Global Sustainability Intern, Nike
- Will Foster, Green Energy Analyst, Blueprint Power
- Dan Gadigian, Environmental, Social, Governance Intern, Cerberus Capital Management
- Davis Guebert, Global Business Development Intern, Tesla
- Akash Gulati, EDF Climate Corps Fellow, Houston Department of Public Health
- Cameron Hawkins, Selected EDF Climate Corps Fellow, New Balance
- Kat Horan, Environment and Impact Investing Intern, Quantified Ventures
- Paige Johnson, Summer Consultant, National Park Service
- Meagan Klebanoff, Business Development Intern, Apex Clean Energy
- Keisuke Kobayashi, Summer Associate, Perennial Power Holdings, Inc.
- Panayiotis Koutsogeorgas, MBA Summer Intern, NextEra Energy
- Chris Lazinski, MBA Summer Research Analyst, North Carolina Utilities Commission
- Cheryl Lee, Project Management Engineer, Chanje
- Eamon Marley, MBA Summer Intern, NextEra Energy
- Sonia Nelson, EDF Climate Corps Fellow, Bank of America
- Chris Onorato, Summer Associate, Blue Like an Orange Sustainable Capital
- Shannon Parker, EDF Climate Corps Fellow, Under Armour
- Shannon Parker, Strategic Project Manager, Sustainability Defined
- Emily Perry, EDF Climate Corps Fellow, Carlyle Group
- Zoe Ripecky, Summer Associate, Global Natural Resources Group, Goldman Sachs
- Michael Shearer, Kubert Sustainable Business Intern, Environmental Law and Policy Center
- Nicolás Villar, Intern, Advanced Energy Economy
- Lily Wherry, Summer Sustainability Associate, BIOMILQ
- Neil Whitman, Business Development Intern, Manley’s Boiler